Online Order FAQ & Troubleshooting
Placing an Order
Creating an Account/Account Issues:
- If a customer is not a student here, such as a parent ordering items for a student, please refer to How To Create a Bookstore Account Step 3 and Step 4 on how to create an account using a dummy email.
- In short, “If a parent is ordering gifts for a student, they can create any email that ends in @lab.icc.edu. Once the account is created, they will need to change this email to any legitimate email of their preference.”
- “Under Account Info, click ‘edit’ next to the Email Address”
- “For customers who did not use a legitimate @lab.icc.edu email, they will be able to change it here.”
- When filling out a shipping address, a common issue is not being able to find the correct country or state.
- USA is listed first in the drop down. Some may accidentally select United States Minor Outlying Isls.
- The same goes for states. Illinois is listed first. If there is no option to pick a state, make sure the country selected is USA.
- Click the “Forgot Password” link in the bottom left corner of
the “Returning Customer” page.
- Enter your email address and click “Reset Password”
- You will receive an email to reset your password. Usually, password reset emails are sent quickly, but you may not receive an email for up to 2 hours. Please note emails could be in your Junk folder.
- You WILL NOT be informed whether or not the email entered is actually an email the Bookstore website has on file. Make sure the email you enter is valid.
- Make sure you even have a bookstore account set up. Try creating a new account. If you do already have an account set up, you will see an error stating: "ERROR: [email] is already in use. Please enter a different email."
- If you have placed an order though the bookstore account before,
you can try searching your inbox for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org or
Please note that emails could be in your Junk Folder.
- You may need to create a new account to place an order.
- Make sure you are using the correct login. Your Bookstore account is separate from your ICC account set up by the college.
- If you are unable to log in to your Bookstore account, please clear your browser's cache or try using a different internet browser.
Placing an Order:
- You will need to enter your courses as if you are placing an online order. Please see "How to Order Textbooks Online" Step 1 for specific instructions.
- The items will say “REQUIRED”, “REQUIRED CHOOSE ONE”, “RECOMMENDED”, “OPTIONAL”, “NO TEXT REQUIRED”, or “RELATED BOOKSTORE PRODUCTS”.
- For definitions of textbook options, see "How
to Order Textbooks Online" Step 5: Textbook Availability & Choices.
Please note, textbooks listed as REQUIRED CHOOSE ONE are the same text in different formats depending on student preference. Only one format of text is required.
- An Ebook is a physical access card. They are sealed with a special code and directions on how to access your text online. Once Ebooks are unwrapped or the seal is broken, they cannot be returned.
- A Digital E-text is a fully digital, electronic form of a printed textbook. Digital E-texts are emailed to you directly from RedShelf for your immediate access. More information on Digital E-texts can be found here.
- Make sure all text areas are filled in.
- Under the Buy Textbooks page, make sure Term, Department, Course, and Section are all filled out to be able to add course to list, and get your books.
- See that you have selected at least one textbook correctly and Qty is not 0, or else Purchase option will not appear.
- For clothing purchase, make sure size, color, and quantity are filled out to be able to add to your cart.
- In My Cart, if you have a rental text, you will need to click the button under the rental to agree to rental terms and conditions. If you try to check out, it will alert you to agree to the rental terms and conditions before proceeding. If you do not agree to the terms, you will need to Remove the rental and go back to Buy Textbooks to purchase a textbook instead.
- The Textbook Agreement will need to be read through and agreed to.
- In Shipping Info, make sure a shipping method is selected and address is fully filled out.
- On Payment Info, be sure to fill out your billing address OR
click the “Same as Shipping” button.
If you purchased a textbook, see that you used your 10 digit ICC Student ID.
Student ID is ICC + 7 numbers (ex ICC1234567). If only the 7 digits are entered,
an alert will pop up stating number needs to be 10 characters.
- Make sure your Payment method is selected and entered correctly.
- Review your Order, you should not be stopped on this page. Double check information is correct and click “Place My Order”.
- You can look up your student account in eServices.
- Laptop: You can go to www.icc.edu.
- In the navigation, click MyICC, then click ESERVICES.
- Log into eServices.
- On the left side of the page, under Personal Information, click Demographic Data.
- Your ID and picture will show up here.
- Phone: On the MyICC app, go to MyICC (eServices)
- Log in to eServices.
- Go to Options (the gear icon) in the top right corner.
- Go to your name. This will open your Profile, showing your picture, name, and ICC ID at the top.
- On the bookstore's website, your Student ID is ICC + 7 numbers (ex ICC1234567). If only the 7 digits are entered, an alert will pop up stating number needs to be 10 characters.
- Make sure you used a 10 digit student ID number to enter your financial aid. Student ID is ICC + 7 numbers (ex ICC1234567).
- If you have an error saying “There are insufficient funds for the A/R CHARGE for Financial Aid account ‘ICC#######’. The available balance is $0.00” the Web Order Specialist may need to resend an A/R account to the web. If this doesn’t work after 1 hour, the student will need to contact Financial Aid Office to make sure account was set up correctly.
- Make sure you are trying to use financial aid during the given financial aid timeframe.
- You cannot do split payments between multiple charge cards.
- ICC Gift Cards and Financial Aid have an Amount text box where you can
enter how much you want to pay using that form of payment. You will need to apply
these payments first before Charge Cards.
- GIFT CARDS: Click on Gift Card in the drop down menu.
This is for ICC Gift Cards. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover gift cards
should be run as Charge Card.
- You will enter the ICC gift card number located on the back of the card.
- The full transaction amount will appear in the Amount box. Change this number to whatever you are wanting to pay with the ICC Gift Card. Click “Apply To My Order”.
- AR CHARGES: Financial Aid accounts are listed separately
in the drop down menu. You will need to know what accounts you have.
- The drop down menu is set up where CREDIT CARD and
GIFT CARD show up at the top. T & A accounts appear under those.
ALL OTHER ACCOUNTS ARE IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, NOT NUMERICALLY BY ACCOUNT NUMBER.
- You can use multiple AR accounts to make a payment.
- Select the first AR account you would like to use (ex FINANCIAL AID PELL).
- Enter your 10-digit ICC ID. Student ID is ICC + 7 numbers (ex ICC1234567).
- The Amount will autofill with the transaction total. Enter the amount you would like to use on this account and click “Apply To My Order”.
- If you want to use another AR account, use the Method of Payment dropdown menu and select the next account you want to use (ex FINANCIAL AID LOAN).
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5. The amount will autofill with the remaining balance of the transaction. You can change this to however much you are wanting to apply to this account.
- The drop down menu is set up where CREDIT CARD and GIFT CARD show up at the top. T & A accounts appear under those. ALL OTHER ACCOUNTS ARE IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, NOT NUMERICALLY BY ACCOUNT NUMBER.
- CREDIT CARD: You can then select Credit Card. Enter the information and click “Apply To My Order”. The remainder of the total will be charged to the card. You will not be able to change this amount.
- All forms of payment will show up in “Summary of Charges” on the right hand side.
You can also remove any forms of payment if they were entered incorrectly.
- All orders using Financial Aid that include a rental textbook will be required to enter a credit card after you have applied your Financial Aid to your order. This will secure all rental textbooks if they are not returned. Your credit card will be charged if rental textbooks are not returned.
- Shipping takes 3-5 business days. This does not account for the 3 business days it may take to process the order. Please note that holidays and weekends do not count as a business day.
- Orders that are UPS/USPS should automatically have tracking information sent to them in an email from the bookstore.
- Make sure the order actually contains a DIGITAL E-TEXT and not an EBOOK. Only DIGITAL E-TEXTs will be emailed to the student by RedShelf. An EBOOK is a physical item for the student that will explain how to access their ebook online.
- RedShelf sends an email for your digital e-text to the email on your Bookstore account. Make sure this email address is valid. Emails will come from email@example.com. Note that you may have to check your Junk folder.
- If you have checked your email that is associated with your Bookstore account
and still do not see it, you will need to get in touch with RedShelf to send you a
- Go to “solve.redshelf.com”.
- Click “Student/Customer Support”
- This page will show you common issues.
- Under the section “Campus Store Rentals and Purchases” there is an article called “Troubleshooting: I Haven’t Received My eBook Yet/I Lost My eBook!”
- You can also click “Submit a request” in the top right of the Student/Customer Support page and create your own question.
- If your order has not already been processed, the order can be cancelled. Email the bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org for the quickest response.
- If your order has already been processed, it means your card has already been charged. At this point, you will need to do a refund.