Rental Laptop Agreement
Illinois Central College Bookstore
Laptop Rental Agreement
Terms and Conditions:
I am an enrolled student at Illinois Central College and I am renting a laptop in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
1. I understand that Illinois Central College is renting the laptop to me for academic purposes related to classwork and learning. I am responsible for all actions, documents, and information retrieved on the laptop during my rental term.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to check with my instructors for minimum technology requirements for my courses. Certain laptops may not meet specific technology requirements for my courses.
3. I understand that if the laptop or its accessories are damaged in any way or not returned on or before the rental due date, I will be charged the full replacement fee for the laptop.
4. I understand that the laptop is property of Illinois Central College.
5. I understand the Illinois Central College will inspect and reinstall the operating system, completely removing any trace of personally identifiable information/documents left behind on the rental, upon return of the laptop and its accessories. Any information/documents left on the rental will not be able to be retrieved for future use. (Make sure all documents needed are saved and transferred to an external source.)
6. I understand the cleaning of laptops will be performed by ICC staff only. Students are not to clean the laptop under any circumstance. If the laptop requires cleaning, bring it to the Bookstore for assistance. Laptops that are cleaned by the renter may be damaged and fees will be incurred.
7. I understand that I have the ability to lock my rental laptop so no one else can use it. All rental computers must be completely dis-associated from any and all personal accounts. Failure to remove said device from personal accounts will incur the full replacement fee.
8. I understand that ICC Technology Services will provide reasonable support for the above laptop. Any technical problems may be submitted to the ICC Help Desk at email@example.com.
Rent To Own Program:
I understand that I am able to participate in a rent to own program with my rental laptop.
I understand that I must rent the same exact laptop and pay my rental fee for 5 consecutive semesters before I own the laptop.
My rental fee for the next semester must be paid prior to the rental due date of the current semester. Failure to pay to renew my laptop rental for the next semester by the current semester rental due date will result in termination from the rent to own program.
If I choose not to renew my laptop for the following semester and do not return my laptop by the rental due date, I will be responsible for the full replacement fee of the laptop.
9. I understand I must return the rental laptop to the ICC Bookstore on or before the rental due date OR pay to renew my laptop rental before the rental due date, otherwise I will be responsible for paying the full replacement fee for the laptop.
Rates and Fees:
Summer Semester: $75.00
Fall or Spring Semester: $150.00
Replacement Fee: $599.00
Summer Semester: $175.00
Fall or Spring Semester: $350.00
Replacement Fee: $1,575.00
RENTAL DUE DATE:
DECEMBER 13, 2021 BEFORE 4:00PM